The following is a description of our swim lessons offered in the summer by the Lebanon Recreation, Arts, and Park's department at the Lebanon Veterans Outdoor Memorial Pool.
Complete details including dates, times, and registration fees are provided on our registration website.
Lesson Dates & Deadlines:
- Session 1: June 19, 2023 through June 30, 2023 Registration Deadline: June 5, 2023
- Session 2: July 3, 2023 through July 14, 2023; Registration Deadline: June 19, 2023
- Session 3: July 17, 2023 through July 28, 2023; Registration Deadline: July 3, 2023
- Session 4: July 31, 2023 through August 11, 2023; Registration Deadline: July 17, 2023
Preschool Lessons - Tiny Tots
Parent and child class for children ages 3-5 years old. Parents will learn proper techniques to help their swimmers become comfortable in the water, as well as beginner skills.
American Red Cross Level I
For children ages 5+. Participants are learning to become comfortable in the water, learn to float, breathe-holding, jumping in, and safety in the water.
American Red Cross Level II
Prerequisite: Level I
This class is recommended for children that can float on their front and back independently. Skill development is around kicking, gliding, and an introduction to the front crawl.
American Red Cross Level III
Prerequisite: Level II
In this class, the crawl stroke and backstroke are developed, as well as basic diving techniques and survival skills.
American Red Cross Level IV
Prerequisite: Level III
The front crawl is perfected and advanced strokes such as the breaststroke are introduced. Diving and safety skills are taught.
American Red Cross Level V
Prerequisite: Level IV and swim a minimum of 50 yards without difficulty
Stroke development, endurance, and safety skills are taught.
American Red Cross Level VI
Prerequisite: Level V
All strokes are perfected, endurance and advanced safety skills will be taught.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
This is a blended course, requiring 7.25 hours online and 20 hours in person. Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies.
The online component must be completed in advance.
- Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of the class
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, returning to the surface and swimming 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Dates & Times:
Friday, June 9, 2023 3 pm to 7 pm
Saturday, June 10, 2023 8 am to 4 pm
Sunday, June 11, 2023 8 am to 4 pm