Streetlight Conversion Project
The City of Lebanon is currently working on a plan to convert all streetlights to light-emitting diode (LED) fixtures. This conversion project, when complete, has the potential to provide significant annual energy and maintenance savings, to reduce greenhouse gasses and light pollution, as well as offer superior lighting for improved safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and drivers.
This project officially kicks-off with two COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS to be held on:
- Monday, May 6, 2019, 5:30pm
Council Chambers, City Hall,
51 North Park Street, Lebanon
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, 6:30pm
Multi-Purpose Room, Mount Lebanon School,
White Avenue, West Lebanon
Proposed Streetlight Removal
Following the 2018 adoption of Administrative Policy ADM-109: Lighting of Public Ways/Places/Parking Facilities, a total of 89 streetlights were selected for removal.
In advance of the Community Conversation meetings, you may see this flyer posted on a streetlight in your neighborhood, or elsewhere around the city. This flyer is a marker for those lights the City is proposing to remove as part of the conversion project.
- Streetlight Map - You can view an interactive map of all streetlights marked for removal at LebanonNH.gov/StreetlightMap.
- Objection Form - You will have an opportunity to object to the removal of a streetlight by completing our Streetlight Objection Form. Objections must be submitted by June 9, 2019.
Benefits of LED Lighting
The benefits of LED lighting include:
- Significant annual energy and maintenance savings
- Longer lifespan
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gasses
- Superior overall light quality which increases safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and drivers
- Reduction of Light Pollution/Protection of our night sky
For more information about this project, please view the Streetlight Conversion Project presentation.
Should you have questions, comments, or concerns, please contact our Energy & Facilities Manager, Tad Montgomery, via email at streetlights@LebanonNH.gov or by phone at 603-442-6140.