Fair and Impartial Policing Task Force (Disbanded)
Please note that this task force has fulfilled its charge and has been disbanded.
Purpose / Charge
Established by the City Council on May 6, 2020. The Fair and Impartial Policing Task Force was created for a six-month period to study and propose amendments to the Welcoming Lebanon Ordinance as approved by the voters on March 10, 2020.
1. Propose amendments to the ordinance recently passed which would make it compliant with applicable Federal and State laws, rules and regulations. Further, that the original purpose of the measures remain intact to the extent possible.
2. Reformat the ordinance so it is easily codified as part of the Code of the City of Lebanon, to be known as “Chapter 65 Fair and Impartial Policing”. The proposed amended language should include the following sections;
a. Declaration of Purpose
c. Application (who the code provisions apply to)
d. Specific provisions of the code
3. Submit proposed amendments in writing to the Council no later than September 15, 2020.
The Fair and Impartial Policing Task Force is not applicable to the City of Lebanon Master Plan.
The Commission shall consist of seven voting members:
- Two City Councilors, appointed by the Mayor.
- Three Public Representatives, appointed by the Mayor.
- Two Representatives from the "Welcoming Lebanon" Petition Committee who are also Lebanon Residents, appointed by the Mayor.
The Mayor shall appoint the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson from the seven members on the task force. The task force Chairperson shall coordinate with the City Manager for staff support and assistance of legal counsel. The task force is solely an advisory body created to provide recommendations to the City Council for possible consideration. The task force shall comply with the provisions of RSA 91-A and emergency orders relative thereto issued by the Governor regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. Audio of Task Force meetings is not posted.
View Agendas and Minutes
- Karen Liot Hill, City Council Rep.
- Suzanne Prentiss, City Council Rep
- Barry Schuster, Public Rep.
- Keiselim Montas, Public Rep.
- Diane Root, Public Rep.
- Devin Wilkie, Petitioner Rep.
- Kathleen Beckett, Petitioner Rep.