COVID-19 Election Information
COVID-19 Related Voter Registration and Absentee Voting Instructions
Registering to vote and voting in person at 2020 elections may pose a health risk to some due to the COVID-19 health emergency. You may register and/or vote by absentee (by mail) if:
- You are ill due to COVID-19, or caring for someone with COVID-19 or symptoms; OR
- You are concerned that registering or voting in person will expose you or others to COVID-19.
The term "disability" in the election law extends to these circumstances. Even if you do not consider yourself a person with a disability in other circumstances, this term applies for registering to vote and voting in 2020. The opportunity to register and vote absentee due to disability from COVID-19 will apply in 2020, regardless of the future development of the public health crisis. You must sign the "disability" affidavit on the forms for absentee registration and absentee voting.
Registering to Vote By Absentee (By Mail)
You may request an absentee voter registration packet from our office by calling 603-448-3054 or online by submitting a Voter Forms Request. The packet can be mailed or emailed to you.
Required forms you will find in the voter registration packet:
- New Hampshire Voter Registration Form (Required)
- New Hampshire Absentee Voter Registration Form (Required)
- Physically Disabled (use if Physically Disabled OR for COVID-19 Pandemic) OR;
- Temporarily Absent (use for any other reason)
Please note State Law requires that voters indicate the reason for absentee that best suits their current situation.
In addition to these forms, you will also be asked to provide proof of identity and proof of residency. If your New Hampshire Driver’s License has your current residential address, this will be accepted for proof of both identity and residency. If you are a resident of a Nursing Home, Senior Living Facility, or other similar facility, and cannot provide proof of residency and/or identity, we can accept a letter (on letterhead) from the facility attesting to your identity and/or residency.
Proof of Identity – Photo Identification (provide one):
- Driver’s License
- Non-Driver’s ID
- Armed Services ID
- US Passport
Proof of Residency (provide one):
- NH Driver’s License or NH Non-Driver’s ID with current domicile address;
- Utility Bill;
- Bank Statement;
- Government Check;
- Lease Agreement;
- Signed Letter from Property Owner;
- Other government document bearing name and address (please black-out any personal information such as account numbers, balances, and social security numbers).
Returning the Required Forms, Proof of Identity, and Proof of Residency
The New Hampshire Voter Registration Form and the State of NH Absentee Voter Registration Form must be returned through the mail or left in our green drop box. We are unable to accept electronic versions of these forms. If possible, please attach photocopies of your Proof of Identity and Proof of Residency upon submission.
If you are unable to make photocopies of your proof of identity and residency to return with the forms, you may email them instead. Please reference ABSENTEE VOTER REGISTRATION in the subject line of your email.
- Mailing Address: City Clerk’s Office, 20 West Park Street, Suite 100, Lebanon
- Green Drop Box Location: 20 West Park Street, Lebanon, on the island by Salt hill Pub’s tent.
- EMAIL (Proof of Residency and Identity Only): email@example.com
Questions? Please call (or email) the City Clerk’s Office: 603-448-3054
Requesting An Absentee Ballot Due to COVID-19
On the absentee ballot application, please select: "I am unable to vote in person due to a disability." Please send separate requests for each election. In lieu of an application, you can submit a handwritten request. See our Absentee Voting web page for directions on what to include in your written request.
Requests for absentee ballots can be returned the following ways:
- Mail: 20 West Park St, Suite 100 Lebanon
- Green Drop Box: 20 West Park Street, Lebanon, on the island by Salt hill Pub’s tent
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 603-442-6148