- Your Government
- City Budgets
- 2021 Approved City Budget
2021 Approved City Budget
The Lebanon City Council is the legislative body for the City of Lebanon. Legislative power is the power to set overall policy, the power to raise and appropriate money (tax and spend), and set the purposes for expenditures. Appropriations can be only made by the vote of the legislative body.
A municipal budget is the most important policy tool in a municipality's toolbox. It is the document that determines the type and level of services delivered to a community. The budget implements policy by appropriating and funding the expenditure of public moneys. To appropriate money is to reserve from the public revenue a certain sum of money for a specified public purpose, and in-turn to authorize the expenditure of that sum for that purpose.
The 2021 City Budget provides for the cost of general City government, solid waste disposal, water treatment and distribution, sewage collection and disposal, municipal airport operations, emergency management, and the acquisition or construction of major, expensive, and long-lived capital facilities and equipment.
The Lebanon City Council Guiding Principles and Lebanon’s Principles for a Sustainable Community, in concert with the Master Plan and the annual Outcomes and Work Plan, inform the foundation upon which the annual budget is based.
Table of Contents
- General Overview
- Revenues and Rates Overview
- Capital Improvements Overview
- Debt Service Overview
- Interfund Transfers Overview
- General Fund
- Solid Waste Disposal Fund
- Water Treatment & Distribution Fund
- Sewage Collection & Disposal Fund
- Municipal Airport Fund
- Tax Increment Financing Fund
- Emergency Management Fund
- Capital Improvement Fund
- Appendix A – Supporting Documents
- Lebanon City Council Guiding Principles
- Lebanon’s Principles for Sustainability
- City of Lebanon Guidelines for Municipal Appropriations to Human/Social Service Agencies
- Revenue Sources – State of New Hampshire
- City of Lebanon 2020-2022 Outcomes & Work Plan