Volunteer Stewardship

The City of Lebanon includes over 2,000 acres of conservation land containing 21+ miles of trails. The Lebanon Conservation Commission seeks volunteers to help maintain these trails and assist with the stewardship of these properties.

How You Can Get Involved

From special one-time projects to regular trail maintenance, there are plenty of opportunities for individuals as well as community groups or businesses!


Individuals might enjoy being responsible for a trail or a conservation area they visit on a regular basis. If that sounds like you, consider signing up to be a Steward of a trail or conservation area. Stewards are responsible for trail maintenance and reporting on trail or land conditions at least twice a year (Spring/Fall) and following major weather events.

Special Projects or Trail Crew

If you are looking for projects that could be completed in a discrete period of time, signing up for Special Projects or Trail Crew might be more your style. On a Trail Crew, volunteers perform heavier trail clearing, trail maintenance, and restoration. Trail Crew might be called upon to help wherever needed. Special Projects could involve removing invasive plants, clearing a new trail, building a bridge, erecting a kiosk, or making signs.


Do you have skills or knowledge to share? Volunteer to give a talk or lead a walk on native plants, geology, history, etc. Please consider volunteering as a Mentor.


If you frequently use a conservation area or trail, and would like to be our eyes on the ground, sign up to be a Monitor. Monitors can use our Incident Report Form to communicate any trail issues encountered, invasive species detected, human impacts or wildlife encounters.

How to Sign-Up

To participate in the program, please complete our Volunteer Sign-Up Form or contact Mark Goodwin for more information or with any questions.

Volunteers clearing a trail

Report a Problem

To report occurrences of blow-downs blocking trails, litter, or other situations that should be brought to the attention of the Conservation Commission, please use our Incident Report FormNo sign-up required.