Camp K - Summer Day Camp
Same Camp & Our Name is Camp K
We are very excited to announce that after a summer trying Camp Recreation, Arts, and Parks out as the name we've recognized that it's not quite right. We've decided to go back to our roots from when the program started back in 1986 and will be Camp K.
Camp K is:
A summer day camp program for ages 5 (entering Fall 2022 Kindergarten) up to age 12. Camper groups are based on campers' ages.
- 5-6 Camp has a maximum of 24 campers with a 1 staff member to 6 camper ratio.
- 7-8 Camp has a maximum of 32 campers with a 1 staff member to 8 camper ratio.
- 9-12 Camp has a maximum of 30 campers with a 1 staff member to 10 camper ratio.
Registration will begin on the following dates.
- Residents on March 7, 2022, at 9:00 AM
- Non-Residents on March 21, 2022, at 9:00 AM
- Register online at LebanonNH.gov/Register. Log in to make sure your account is ready and includes your camper in your household account and you haven't forgotten the password.
- Register in-person at our office located at 15 Hanover Street inside River Valley Community College. You can use our general registration form. Here is a photo of where our main entrance is located.
- Register over the phone by calling 603-448-5121 and be prepared to work with any one of us to answer questions and complete your registration with you.
Items Required when registering: All of the following items, if not completed at registration, will be required by June 6, 2022.
- Are photos ok to be used for publication or promotional purposes
- Medical insurance (Provide name and policy number)
- Authorized pick-up & additional emergency contacts
- T-Shirt Size
- Swim Level (Just in case we are able to add this back into the schedule)
- Month/Year of Tetanus Shot/Booster
- Allergies/Dietary Restrictions
- Any physical, mental, emotional, social health, development, or psychological conditions requiring medication, treatment, or special restrictions or considerations while at camp that staff should be aware of
- Under the care of a physician for the following current treatment (if any)
- Medication to be provided either prescribed or over the counter
- We are preparing groups ahead of time. Please have the name of 1 or 2 friends that are attending camp that your camper would be happy to hang out with all summer.
- $145 - Residents (Registration opens March 7 at 9:00 AM)
- Week 2: Fee is $116 - No camp July 4
- $185 - Non-Residents (Registration opens March 22 at 9:00 AM)
- Week 2: Fee is $148 - No camp July 4
- Week 1: June 27 - July 1
- Week 2: July 5 - July 8 (No camp July 4)
- Week 3: July 11 - July 15
- Week 4: July 18 - July 22
- Week 5: July 25 - July 29
- Week 6: August 1 - August 5
- Week 7: August 8 - August 12
Location: SAU88, 20 Seminary Hill Rd, West Lebanon, NH
Parent/Guardian Handbook: To be provided.
Anticipated activities: Music lessons will be provided for all camp participants again in partnership with the Upper Valley Music Center. Swim lessons will be provided for all camp participants at the Lebanon Veterans Outdoor Memorial Pool. Special performances will be featured for all camp participants. Field trips will be coordinated for 7-8 and 9-12 participants and have not yet been planned as we await to see what policies and if any restrictions will be in place this summer per location/facility/business. If any trips are planned to Lake Sunapee which is about a 30-minute drive we will consider having the entire camp adventure together to participate. In addition, arts & crafts, sports, games, quiet activity time, and more will be planned.
Camp Goals and Objectives
Camp Goals: Camp Recreation, Arts, and Parks are committed to the following goals:
- Safety - To provide a safe, nurturing day camp experience for children.
- Fun - To provide an opportunity for children to participate in healthy, educational, and fun activities during their summer vacation.
- Skill Development - To give campers the opportunity to develop new skills in a variety of areas.
- Citizenship - To help campers make positive contributions to the camp community through individual responsibility and leadership.
Program Objectives: Camp Recreation, Arts, and Parks are guided by the following objectives:
- Safety - Campers will be knowledgeable of safety rules regarding travel, field trips, swimming activities, use of equipment and supplies, and personal behavior. (This will be modified to fit the activities planned).
- Fun - Campers will be able to make individual choices for two activity periods per week.
- Skill Development - Campers will improve their skills in fine motor development, physical development, positive decision making, and social/emotional personal communication.
- Citizenship - Campers will participate in activities designed to promote teamwork and cooperation.
Leader in Training Program
We also offer a Leader in Training Program for ages 13-14. Learn more about our Leader in Training program by contacting Kristine at Kristine.Flythe@lebanonnh.gov to express interest.
Do you need financial assistance? We encourage you to consider one of the following two options.
- Contact LISTEN Services to request a meeting. Confirmation and approval of funds from LISTEN will be required to be sent to Lebanon Recreation and Parks at Kristine.Flythe@LebanonNH.gov; OR
- E-mail Recreation@LebanonNH.gov requesting a financial need form and a form will be sent to you. This form will need to be completed prior to your registration for Camp K, or you can use our online submission form.
Please contact Kristine, Recreation Coordinator, at 603-448-5121 or e-mail Kristine.Flythe@LebanonNH.gov if you have additional questions.