Purpose / Charge
The Conservation Commission was established for the purposes described in RSA Chapter 36-A:2, namely for the proper utilization and protection of the natural resources of the City of Lebanon, including but not limited to watershed resources, as elaborated in NH RSA 36-A:2.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
The Commission may advertise, prepare, print, and distribute books, maps, charts, plans, and pamphlets. It keeps an index of all open areas within the City with the plan of obtaining information pertinent to proper utilization of such open areas. It maintains an index of all wetlands and may recommend to the City Council a program for the promotion and proper utilization of such areas. It makes recommendations to the City Council to purchase additional conservation lands as they become available according to its Master Plan. Seven regular members and four alternates appointed by the Mayor and City Council for three-year terms.
Meeting Time and Date
View the City Meeting Calendar for the most current information regarding meeting times and schedules.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Audio recordings of City meetings are posted within 48 hours following the meeting date. Minutes are posted following approval.
View Agendas, Audio, and Minutes.
- Sarah Riley, Regular Member
Term Expires: August 2021
- Susan Almy
Term Expires: November 2020
- Suellen Balestra
Alternate, Term Expires: July 2021
Alternate Council Representative
- Erling Heistad
- Don Lacey
Term Expires: June 2023
- Ernst Oidtmann, Chair
Term Expires: May 2023
- Darla Bruno, Alternate Term Expires: September 2022
- Bruce James, Regular Term Expires: October 2022
- Christopher Johnson, Regular
Term Expires: December 2022
- Barbara Hirai, Alternate
Term Expires: January 2023
- Vacant, Alternate
- Mark Goodwin
City Staff Representative
- Conservation Properties and Maps
- Wild about Lebanon
- Lebanon's Wildlife Corridors
- Natural Resources Inventory
- Living with the River: Riparian Buffers
- Homeowner's Guide to Water Quality Protection
- History of Conservation Commission @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>