Businesses and Haulers
How do I establish a commercial account?
All commercial haulers must establish a billing account with the City of Lebanon. To establish a commercial account, please complete our Commercial Solid Waste Hauler Permit application. A one-time $50 application fee must be included with your completed application.
Please return completed application form, along with a $50 application fee, in one of the following ways:
- In-person at Lebanon City Hall located at 51 Park St, Lebanon NH at the Utility Window. Please be aware that City Hall business hours are Monday-Thursday, 7AM to 5PM, closed on Fridays.
- By mail at Lebanon Solid Waste Division, 193 Dartmouth College Hwy, Lebanon, NH 03766: attn: Erica Douglas.
The following is the procedure for scale weighing:
- All large loads must be weighed.
- Wait until the vehicle in front of you has been off the scales for 3 to 5 seconds before going on scales.
- Brake lightly on scales, no fast stops or starts. Damage to scales from failure to stop or start properly may result in individuals/firms responsible being held personally liable.
- Stay in your vehicle until an attendant lets you know when to go or give him your ticket(s).
- All loads are to be dumped as directed by the Landfill attendant.
- A minimum charge will be assessed for scale users. The tipping fee is $78.80 per ton with a minimum disposal charge of 200 pounds.
For all smaller-load haulers (disposing of less than 1,000 lbs a week and/or making fewer than 8 visits a month), a commercial account and permit will be required. You must have your account and permit in place by January 1, 2024. Beginning January 1, 2024, disposal transactions must be paid for via credit card on a per visit basis.
For more information, please see Lebanon Code Chapter 97: Landfill Regulations. If you have questions about obtaining a commercial account with the City of Lebanon, please contact Solid Waste Manager, Erica Douglas.