Which dogs must be licensed?
All dogs living in the City of Lebanon, including puppies who have received their first rabies shot, must be licensed in the City of Lebanon.
Where and how do I license my dog?
Dog licenses are issued by the Lebanon City Clerk's office during normal office hours. Please remember to bring your dog's current rabies certificate and spaying/neutering certificate, if applicable.
Dog licenses can now be renewed online! You must provide your 2017 dog tag number (2017 tags were purple fire hydrants) and your email address. If the rabies vaccination on file has expired or the dog has been spayed or neutered since 2017, you will be asked to provide proof. The system will ask for basic information and then you will be required to further submit the proof by fax, mail or email.
Please note, additional fees are charged for online dog renewals by a third party; the fees are not retained by the City.
- $1.50 transaction fee per dog
- $1.50 minimum charge for debit or credit card payments (if payment is more than $54, the fee is 2.79%)
Please mail a check or money order made payable to the City of Lebanon with a copy of your dog's current rabies certificate and spaying/neutering certificate, if applicable. Our mailing address is: City Clerk's Office, 51 North Park Street, Lebanon, NH 03766. If you received a letter from our office, it is helpful to include the letter with your payment. If you have not received a letter from our office and you are licensing a new dog, please complete a dog license application to enclose with your payment.
When do I license my dog?
A new adult dog should be licensed immediately and a puppy can be licensed as soon as the puppy receives its first rabies shot. Dog licenses must be renewed annually by April 30th.
What is the annual fee to license my dog?
- Puppy (older than 3 months, younger than 7 months: $7.50
- Male and female dogs (not spayed or neutered): $10.00
- Spayed Neutered Male/Female: $7.50
- Group License for 5 or more dogs: $21.00
- Commercial Kennel License for 5 or more dogs: $21.00
- 1st Animal owned by Senior Citizen (65 or over by May 1st): $3.00
- Civil Forfeitures: $25.00
- Unlicensed Dog Fine (will be applied for negligent dogs on Oct 1st of every year): $10.00
What happens if I don’t license my dog?
In addition to the regular licensing fee listed above, the following will also be applied:
- You will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per month for each month (or partial month) during which the dog remains unlicensed, commencing June 1st.
- In addition, you will be subject to a civil forfeiture fee of $25.00 due within 15 days after receiving a notice of forfeiture. If the forfeiture is not paid, the case will be disposed of in the Lebanon District Court.
- If you still haven't licensed your dog by October 1st, an additional $10.00 fine will be assessed.
What if I have moved or if I no longer have my dog?
If you have moved or no longer have your dog, please notify the City Clerk's Office at 603-448-3054 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise you will continue to receive notices about dog licensing.
Are there any rabies clinics in the area?
Yes. We have a small list available of rabies clinics which are being offered throughout the area in the coming months. It is recommended that you attempt to contact the sponsor of these clinics prior to attending, to check the price and verify if any other information is needed in order to participate in the clinic. View our list of Area Rabies Clinics for 2017.