Top Dog Contest 2018
Each year the Lebanon City Clerk's Office hosts a contest for Lebanon's Top Dog. This year marked the City Clerk's 7th annual "Top Dog" contest.
Applications for the 2018 Top Dog Contest are no longer being accepted. Please review the following information for details about when the winners will be announced, contest rules, prize packages, and more.
You can also view 2018 Top Dog contestants in our Top Dog Photo Gallery.
When is the Winner Announced?
During the first council meeting in May, our Mayor will randomly draw the winner for the Top Dog Contest as well as two runners-up, from all entry forms which were submitted to our office. The winner and runners-up will then be publicly announced and the prize packages awarded at a special presentation during the Lebanon Police Department’s K9 Awareness Day in May at West Lebanon Feed & Supply.
Winners will be posted on our Top Dog Winners page.
- The Top Dog Contestant must be licensed for 2018 by April 30, 2018.
- A completed entry form must be submitted by April 30, 2018. If your dog is currently licensed you can apply online.
- Not sure if you’ve licensed for 2018? This year’s tags are green. If your contestant is not licensed yet—don’t worry! You can license and apply for the contest in one visit.
- One entry per contestant.
- A current rabies vaccination must be on file with the City Clerk’s Office.
- The owner must be 18 or older and be the owner on file with the Clerk’s office.
- The Contest is only open to Lebanon residents.
- City of Lebanon employees and members of the City Council as well as their immediate family members are NOT eligible. (Immediate family members are those who reside in the same household.)
- Pictures aren't required but are greatly enjoyed!
If you have questions about the rules, regulations or prizes, please contact our office at 603-448-3054 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOP DOG Prize Package
- The Coveted City of Lebanon 2018 Dog Tag #1. (Which will be exchanged for current 2018 tag.)
- Certificate authenticating the “Top Dog” status signed by the Mayor of Lebanon.
- Photo on display for a year at City Hall and on our website.
- One year supply of Dog Food from our Primary Sponsor, West Lebanon Feed & Supply. (See store for details.)
- A subscription to Barkbox for monthly goodies through the mail from SACNH. (www.barkbox.com)
- A $50 Gift Certificate from Affectionate Pet Salon. (See store for details)
- A prize package from Stoney Brook Veterinary Hospital.
- A Gift Certificate for a free exam and rabies vaccination to Upper Valley Veterinary Services.
- A pass for the Top Dog and Two Human Companions to attend "Paws in the Pool 2018" from the Lebanon Recreation Department.
Runners Up Prize Package
- First Runner Up: Will receive dog tag #2; a certificate signed by the Mayor; $100 gift certificate to West Lebanon Feed & Supply; and photo displayed at City Hall for one year.
- Second Runner Up: Will receive dog tag #3; a certificate signed by the Mayor; a $50 gift certificate to West Lebanon Feed & Supply; and photo displayed at City Hall for one year.
When Is the Winner Announced?
During the first council meeting in May, our Mayor will randomly draw the winner for the Top Dog Contest as well as two runners up, from all entry forms which were submitted to our office. The winner and runners up will then be publicly announced and the prize packages awarded at a special presentation during the Lebanon Police Department’s K-9 Awareness Day in May at West Lebanon Feed & Supply.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
A very special thank you to our top sponsor, West Lebanon Feed & Supply, and to our additional sponsors, Stonecliff Animal Clinic, Stoney Brook Veterinary Hospital, Affectionate Pet Salon and Upper Valley Veterinary Services!