How To Apply
- Complete the Application for Community Revitalization Tax Relief Incentive Program (RSA 79-E) (PDF), including a cover letter describing the project and providing any appropriate supporting information or materials.
- Pay a $50 Application fee to the City of Lebanon.
- Submit all materials to the Planning and Zoning Department.
What Happens Next?
- The Planning and Zoning Department reviews the application with the City Assessor and the Building Inspector to verify the subject property's assessed valuation as of the application date and to verify the reasonableness of the estimated rehabilitation costs.
- Within 60 days of receipt, the application is reviewed by the City Council at a public hearing to determine whether the building or structure is a qualifying structure, whether the proposed project is a substantial rehabilitation, and whether there is a public benefit to granting the requested tax relief.
- No later than 45 days after the public hearing, the City Council shall render a decision granting or denying the request tax relief and, if so granted, establishing the tax relief period.
- If approved, the owner and the City will execute and record a Declaration of Covenant (see Sample Covenant language), which protects the public benefit(s) that the project provides and ensures that the building is used and maintained as proposed.
- Upon completion of the substantial rehabilitation, the property shall be taxed based on the pre-rehabilitation assessed value for the duration of the tax relief period and such value shall not increase as a result of the substantial rehabilitation project. Upon the expiration of the tax relief period, the property shall be taxed at its full market value.