Even though we are closed to the public, we are still on-site offering support over the phone, through email and the mail. We are doing our absolute best to continue providing services to our customers. Many transactions are simple and can be completed online or through the mail. Others are more complex and will require you to call our office at 603-448-3054 or send an email to email@example.com. We do not answer the phones on Wednesday mornings until noon or on Friday afternoons starting at noon.
A very helpful resource that we are utilizing is our drop box. The drop box is green with the City of Lebanon seal and is located on the small island in front of 20 West Park Street. We check the drop box several times per day and process transactions within one to two business days. If you use the drop box, please be sure to enclose your transaction in an envelope to keep everything together. It is helpful to include a phone number and/or email address that we can use to contact you in a timely manner in the event more information is required to complete the transaction. Please write “City Clerk’s Department” on envelope. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.
- Motor Vehicle Renewals: Can be renewed through the mail, online or by leaving payment in our drop box. Please make checks payable to the City of Lebanon. If paying online, it is free to use your checking account, however, there is a 2.95% processing fee for using a card. Online Motor Vehicle Payments. Registrations that are already expired, however, cannot be renewed online. You can renew through the mail or by leaving payment in our drop box. On case-by-case basis, we can renew an expired registration over the phone; there will be a 2.79% processing fee.
- Boat Renewals/New Boat Registrations: Can be renewed through the mail or by leaving payment in our drop box. Please consult our Boat Registration Page for information on how to complete your transaction. If you require further guidance, please contact our office.
- Vital Records: Certified copies of birth, marriage, death and divorce can be purchased through the mail, online or using our drop box. Please visit our Vital Records Page for more information.
- Corrections to Vital Records: To make a correction or amendment to a birth, marriage or death record please call our office. We will not be able to make a correction over the phone; however, we will guide you through the process to complete your request through the mail.
- Marriage Licenses: If you would like to apply for a marriage license, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 603-448-3054. A special worksheet will be emailed (or mailed upon request) for you to complete. This is a multi-step process and may take one to two business days to complete. Please allow plenty of time before your wedding to complete this process.
- Notary Public Services: All Notary Services are currently suspended. We apologize for the inconvenience; as soon as we open to the public, we will resume this service.
- Dogs: Letters for dog license renewals will be mailed by the end of March. As a reminder, these are due by May 31st to avoid late fees and fines. If your dog’s rabies vaccination has expired and you are unable to visit your veterinarian for an update please contact our office. Dog license renewals can be processed through the mail, using our drop box or online using your last year’s tag number; new dogs can only be licensed through the mail or using our drop box. Please visit our Dog Licensing Page for further information.
- New Vehicle Registrations: If you are not processing a renewal and/or need to register a vehicle in Lebanon for the first time, it is suggested that you contact our office for guidance. The most efficient way to begin the process is by emailing required documents. We will then contact you with instructions for submitting originals and payment. Please consult our Motor Vehicle Registrations Page for further information on required documentation. Vehicles purchased as of February 26, 2020 have been granted extensions on NH issued temporary plates through May 30th.
- Landfill Tickets: We are unable to sell Landfill Tickets in-person. You can mail in a check or leave one in the drop box with a Self Addressed Stamp Envelope. Tickets purchased through the City are $15 each. Tickets can be purchased at West Lebanon Feed & Supply, LaValley’s and Jake’s on Mechanic Street for $16 each.