The Lebanon Recreation & Parks Department has been working hard on numerous projects throughout the City.
- Skatepark Light Project at Riverside Park
- This is an ongoing project that may cause temporary closures of the Skatepark. Stay tuned for updates on project completion.
- Pat Walsh Park Garden Enhancement
- Thank you to volunteers Cindy Heath, Tom O’Quinn, Kathleen Estes, Braeden Estes, & Jim Vanier.
- Lebanon Mall Garden Enhancement
- Thank you Wild Azalea Designs for your work on the Mall Gardens.
- Colburn Park Tree Project
- Removal and replacement of unhealthy, dying, or dead trees.
- Garlic Mustard Weed Removal on Mascoma River Greenway (MRG) and Northern Rail Trail (NRT)
- Additional thanks to Sarah Riley for coordinating the effort and additional volunteers Don Lacey, Eric Bodhi, Rainie Kelly, Pat McGovern, and numerous others who helped along the way while out for a walk, run, or out on the weekend. Leb. Rec. assisted with pick up from collection sites at Slayton Parking and the APD Parking lots for the MRG, and DPW Landfill crew picking up NRT collection site.
- Mascoma River Greenway Projects
- Japanese Knotweed & other weed Removal
- Kiosk Installation by APD Trailhead
- Fence Staining - Thank you to our volunteers Pat McGovern, Rainie Kelly, & Larry Kelly.
- Trues Brook Project
- Under the guidance of Conservation Ranger Ron Bailey, Leb Rec Staff and GIS Coordinator Mark Goodwin laid mulch to help prevent erosion and remove invasive species from the trails and parking area.
Check out pictures from some of the projects on our Facebook page!
For more information on these projects or to volunteer feel free to give us a call at 603-448-5121. During this time of outdoor projects Lebanon Recreation and Parks is implementing social distancing, small groups, and mask wearing with staff and volunteers.