Eventually, but not yet!
During the Wednesday, April 21, 2021 Council Meeting, City Council voted to implement a permitting system for access and use of the Solid Waste Facility. Starting September 1, 2021, a permit will be required for all users. The permitting system will allow the Solid Waste Division to monitor and ensure that waste is only coming from authorized communities.
Our anticipated timeline for onboarding users is as follows (subject to change depending on technical needs):
- Piloting the process: Through the month of May, City staff will be testing the permit process with a select group of residents from both Lebanon and Hanover. This process will allow us to identify and correct issues in advance of opening the process to others.
- Training Staff in Participating Communities: Beginning May 24, City staff will begin a training program with our participating communities to ensure they are well equipped to process and approve *in-person applications for their residents.
- Soft Launch: Beginning on or about June 7, we will open applications for Lebanon residents and those communities that have been trained and are ready to process applications for their residents.
- Full Launch: Beginning on or about July 1, applications will be open to all.
- Permits Required: Beginning September 1, anyone accessing the Solid Waste Facility will be required to have a valid permit. Those that enter the facility without a permit will not be allowed to dispose of waste.
Solid Waste Division staff will be available during the Lebanon Farmers' Market starting June 10 to answer questions and assist with obtaining permits. Updates and additional information will also be posted on the Solid Waste Facility website at LebanonNH.gov/SolidWaste and will be published in the weekly LebNews.
*All applications filed online will be processed by the City of Lebanon. Participating communities will only process applications and issue permits for those filed in-person.