News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/10/2021 10:59:51 AM to 12/23/2021 8:51:18 AM.
Lebanon Recreation, Arts, and Parks
Posted on: December 10, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Help us keep good ice!
What does it take to make ice?
- CONSISTENT COLD & FREEZING temperatures. We haven't had that CONSISTENT piece yet. So although we've set up the rinks they are NOT ready for skating.
- KEEP OFF the ice when the barricades are up and there is no sign stating rinks are open.
- REMOVE ALL snow to the edges and OFF the rink. The photo taken this morning on 12/10/21 shows how NOT to leave the ice and it also shows evidence of being on the ice when it is not open.
- REMOVE ALL equipment including hockey nets, sticks, pucks, skates, shovels, brushes, etc... If the ice is to freeze having any objects on the ice does not allow the ice to freeze fully.
- SIGN UP for alerts! Simply, text the phrase JOIN ICERINKS to 30890 and follow the prompts. This will notify you when we have GOOD ICE!
- Visit LebanonNH.gov/Skate for any updates!