At its February 2, 2022 meeting, the Lebanon City Council took action to increase the income limits and exemption amounts for the City’s Elderly Tax Exemption Program.
In order to qualify for an exemption:
- Applicant must be 65 years old before April 1 of the tax year for which application is being made;
- An application must be filed by April 15 for the current tax year;
- Income may not exceed $45,000 for a single person or $65,000 for a married couple;
- Net Assets (excluding the value of the actual residence) may not exceed $100,000;
- Applicant must have resided in New Hampshire for at least three (3) years and owned their home individually or jointly on April 1 of the tax year for which application is being made.
Exemption amounts are age-dependent, and the eligible amount is subtracted from the total assessment before the current tax rate is applied.
For more information or to obtain an application, please visit LebanonNH.gov/ElderlyExemption. Should you have questions please contact the Assessing Office at email@example.com or by calling 603-448-1499.