The NH State Primary is Tuesday, September 13, 2022. Here are some important tips, information, and reminders for you, as you prepare to vote.
Ward Line Redistricting
New ward lines for the City went into effect on May 1, 2022. Voters living at 328 to 398 Poverty Lane (even numbers only); 5 to Old Etna Road (odd numbers only); and 55 to 271 Hanover Street (odd numbers only) have all been moved to Ward 2 as a result of the redistricting. If you were registered to vote at that address you will automatically be moved to the Ward 2 voter checklist, without re-registering to vote. Ward 2 votes at the United Methodist Church on School Street.
Polling Hours and Locations
- Polls open at 7:00 AM and close at 7:00 PM.
- Ward 1: Kilton Public Library, 80 Main Street, West Lebanon
- Ward 2: United Methodist Church, 18 School Street, Lebanon
- Ward 3: Council Chambers, City Hall, 51 North Park Street, Lebanon
- If you plan to return your absentee ballot in person, please bring it to the City Clerk's office no later than 5:00 PM Monday, September 12th. Voters will not be able to return their own ballots in person at the polls on Election Day.
- Absentee ballots returned through the mail can be accepted until 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 13th.
Absentee ballots returned via a delivery agent (spouse, parent, child, or sibling) can be returned to the City Clerk's Office or a polling place by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 13th. Your delivery agent must show a photo ID and sign an absentee ballot return form. No ballots will be accepted after 5:00 PM.
It's great that you are excited to vote! Just remember, we need to ensure our polling places are neutral spaces where other voters do not feel pressure and undue influence to vote for a particular candidate or party. Please remove or cover any article of clothing that promotes or degrades a candidate whose name appears on the ballot. If you have an item of clothing that cannot be removed, such as a t-shirt, our greeters can provide you with something to cover up. This is in accordance with NH State RSA Please remember, the folks working at the polls do not make these laws, but they are tasked with following them. Please be kind!