Have questions about the proposed zoning amendments? Please ask us!
Planning Department staff will host an OPEN HOUSE to assist residents in understanding the purpose of the amendments and how they may or may not affect your property.
Open House Details:
March 5, 2018
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Council Chambers, 5th floor
51 North Park Street, Lebanon, NH
On March 13th, Lebanon voters will vote on six proposed amendments to the City’s Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map. Because the amendments impact the City’s residential districts, voter approval is required. The City Council, Planning Board, and Conservation Commission have all approved and endorsed the proposed amendments, which consist of the following:
- AMENDMENT #1 – Renihan Meadows - Rezoning a portion of the area from R-1 to RL-3 based on the natural resource characteristics of the land.
- AMENDMENT #2 – Mascoma Street/Old Pine Tree Cemetery Road - Rezoning a portion of the area from R-1 to RL-3 based on the natural resource characteristics of the land.
- AMENDMENT #3 – Exit 18 - Rezoning a portion of the area from R-O-1 and R-3 to RL-3 based on the natural resource characteristics of the land.
- AMENDMENT #4 – Moving “Accessory Dwelling Unit” from a Special Exception Use to a Permitted Use in the R-1 and R-2 zoning districts.
- AMENDMENT #5 – Removing “Private education facility conversion per Section 601”, “Library or museum conversion per Section 601”, and “Theater, concert hall, movie theater conversion per Section 601” uses from the R-2 zoning district.
- AMENDMENT #6 – Creating a single section of the Zoning Ordinance to address accessory uses and removing “Accessory Use to a Permitted Use” and “Accessory Use to a Use Permitted by Special Exception” from all zoning districts tables of uses.
Copies of the proposed amendments and sample ballots are available at the Planning & Zoning Office and City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, Lebanon.
Related Documents and Information